Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Logos For 'Yotes, Bruins, Sabres

I saw a reader posted links to images of new logos for the Coyotes, Bruins and Sabres and figured I'd post them for everyone to see. (Also, it will serve as a backup in case the original images disappear at some point.)

I'm not worried so much about crediting the original person who got these graphics considering they probably shouldn't have had them in the first place. But this is the internet. What can you do?

We can start with Phoenix. First, we've got a better shot of the alleged third jersey logo I first posted last week.



It's an amazing looking logo. Let's hope the sweater design can live up to it. There's also what may be a secondary logo for the alternate jersey along with a brand new wordmark.



Nothing bad to say about either of those.

The Bruins have a new wordmark as well.



Very cool. And we've got a bit of a better look at the vintage logo the Sabres will wear on their thirds.



Thanks to Resist The Machine for finding all of those. If you guys come across anything else, email me and we'll let the world know.

18 comments:

Richard said...

The coyotes one is impressive, so long as they don't try to do anything over the top with the jersey, it should look great.

Tukker said...

phoenix logos just keep getting better and better

Unknown said...

are these official?

Jason said...

More solid stuff from Phoenix. The difference between whoever is doing their designs now and who they has previously is like night and day.

Anonymous said...

Comparing the vintage Buffalo logo to the slug in the right column is like doing a lesson on recent graphic design and trademarking.



I'd love to see a hockey game break out between the Buffalo Slugs and the Iowa Chops...

Leafers LP said...

Phoenix is getting everything done right in terms of logos and jerseys. I already thought they had the best primary in the league, and now this secondary or tertiary, or even the paw logo will close in on Washington's eagle for top spot.

Does this mean the PHX logo is history? I liked that one too. But these ones are much better.

Chris said...

are these official?

I didn't get them through official channels, but yes, they are.

Cale Putnam said...

I was worried when they said the B's were getting a new wordmark, but that's pretty cool. Classic and modern at the same time. I'm biased, but all things considered, the B's have one of the best overall looks in hockey.

Anonymous said...

Just hope the Sabres don't over do the silver on the jerseys themselves. Just leave it on the logo and it should look great.

Anonymous said...

I hope these coyotes sweaters live up to the hype, because the logos are epic.

The Daily Jew said...

The Secondary Phoenix logo and the wordmark remind me so much of the MLB.

Unknown said...

CRYOREX, thanks for being the voice of sanity here. I'm not sure why the secondary and the wordmark are garnering such praise. Designs like these are typically poo-poohed here because of their NBA or MLB tendencies. Those two logos scream MLB more than anything else in recent weeks.

Unknown said...

Also, while I'm being critical - I understand the desire to pay homage to a team's original logo, but for the love of Illustrator, get rid of those movement marks above and below the buffalo.

Andrew Harkins said...

The coyotes logo is nice, but the back legs seem out of perspective. The leg closer to us should be longer or something. I know that's being picky, but it bothers me when I look at it. Otherwise it's a really nice logo. The secondary coyotes logos are ok, but they don't really match the look of the primary.

Andrew Harkins said...

So I altered the legs on the coyotes logo to make them not look so weird. I don't think it's worth a whole blog post, so if you want to see it, here's the link: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/drdru96/coyotes.jpg

Anonymous said...

I love that the Yotes logos resemble the MLB style, the MLB style is successful and classy. NBA on the other hand....

GBM said...

Chris, let me just tell you that the person who originally posted these SHOULD have indeed had them. Just to clear up any skepticism.

GBM said...

Though let me say I don't know if they were supposed to be leaked/released at this point, but I know he has connections.

Post a Comment