- Atlanta ARSENAL
average rating 3.19/5 by 443 people
- Baltimore BLUE CRABS
average rating 3.4/5 by 429 people
- North Carolina NIGHTHAWKS
average rating 3.83/5 by 448 people
- Tampa Bay BARRACUDAS
average rating 3.79/5 by 412 people
- Washington SENTINELS
average rating 2.95/5 by 309 people
It's a little odd to see such similar names as Winterhawks and Nighthawks along with Hellcats and Steelcats. But I've been leaving these decisions up to you guys so there it is.
Based on these names, your task — should you choose to accept it — is to brand the franchise. You choose the color scheme and design primary, secondary and script logos around that. Additional logos may or may not be included in the voting process.
Submit your logo art by email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not post links to artwork in the comments. They will be deleted and not considered for use in this project. I'm also outlining guidelines for submissions below. If you don't follow them, your work will probably not be included.
Southeast logo submission deadline: November 15
If you want your submission included, follow these instructions:
- DO NOT STEAL ARTWORK. Logos copied or adapted from professional trademarked logos will not be permitted.
- Submit three (3) logos: primary, secondary and script. Use a white background. If your logo requires a white outline (think Lightning or Capitals), then use a gray background with the white outline included. ALL 3 LOGOS will be used in the voting process. If you leave out one, your work may be disqualified.
- Submit vector art if possible. I will accept .ai, .psd and .pdf files. If you cannot submit vector art, you must be able to provide high quality images in .jpg or .png files ONLY. All other file types may be disqualified.
- You must include your credit within the graphic itself as well as the email. This can be your real name or a pseudonym. I need them in both places so I can easily search my email to find your artwork and email address. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- By submitting your own original artwork to any Icethetics email address, you agree to grant permission of its use for online or print publication by Icethetics. Do not watermark your logos or they will be disqualified.
- No jersey concepts, please. That will be a later step in this process.
I tried to be specific here but I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have via email. I was very clear about this but keep in mind that if you do not properly follow the instructions above, your work will likely be disqualified. So read them carefully.
Just so everyone is aware, when it comes time to choose a logo for each team, the process will work basically the same as the name ratings. Logo rating pages will be posted for each team and up to 20 logo submissions will be available to rate. I'm sorry I can't include more but this assures that all worthy submissions will get a fair shake.
The difference here is that once the rating period has ended, there will be a vote on Icethetics of the top 3 rated logos for each team. This assures that we choose the logo everyone wants.
Start submitting your logos!