Monday, October 27, 2008

Bruins, Stars Set To Unveil Alternates

Confused? You're not alone.

For weeks I've been assuming the the Boston Bruins unveiled their new third jersey when Milan Lucic wore it in front of season ticket holders at the State of the Bruins event. I now have new reliable information that says that was not the "official" release of the sweater.

In fact, the Boston Bruins will officially unveil their third jersey on Monday, November 24. I don't know any details regarding plans for this unveiling, but I do know the team has plans to show the new alternate sweater to fans and the public on that date.

I'm now considering the pictures from the State of the Bruins event a "leak" — which is technically what it was. The team never officially released photos of the jersey. The photos we had were taken by people in attendance.

Confusing, I know. We've already seen the Bruins third jersey (multiple times!) but I'm big on getting my facts straight. The fact is, the Bruins have not unveiled their third jersey and they won't until November 24. When they do, I'll add them back to the unveiled list. And who knows, maybe they'll have made a change or two to the design we last saw.

Now, about the Dallas Stars. Several fans have emailed in to say that they've seen messages appearing in the American Airlines Center on the scoreboard confirming the Tuesday, November 18 unveiling date.

No details on what it will look like, but here is one email I received from a reader.

I was at the Stars game last saturday and on the jumbotron they had an ad for their charity luncheon, which is November 18, and they said that those who go to the luncheon will be the first to see the new third jersey. So, November 18 is definitely the date for the unveiling. I thought that you'd like to know.


Both the Bruins and Stars dates have now been added to the Countdowns in the sidebar.

7 comments:

Kevin Y said...

If the Bruins' leaked jersey isn't the third jersey, then I'll be more surprised than if the Kings and Lightning meet in the Cup Finals.

Chris said...

If the Bruins' leaked jersey isn't the third jersey, then I'll be more surprised than if the Kings and Lightning meet in the Cup Finals.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see my Bolts back in the Finals, but no. That's what I'm saying. That is the third jersey. It just hasn't been "officially" released yet. (If you could see me, I'm putting a lot of emphasis on those air quotes.)

Anonymous said...

Stars is gunna be a white version of their home, WE WANT GREEEEEN

Kevin Y said...

Air quotes are what killed Elvis..

Although I've never seen so much.. chaos, shall we say, about one jersey that everybody knows what it's going to look like. It's like anticipating the Red Wings winning the Cup last year. We all knew it was going to happen, but we had to wait for nine months before it became "official".

Anonymous said...

Well to be fair Ksy, we think that every year haha.

Kevin Y said...

True.. I still don't know how the Panthers made the finals back in 1995-96.

Anonymous said...

FWIW, those pics of Lucic in the 3rd Jersey also appeared on an episode of NESNs (the Bruins/Red Sox owned TV station) Bruins show called 'The Buzz' as well as during the sports segment of the local newscasts.

So while it may not have been an official 'public' unveiling, it was 'unveiled' with the B's permission on local TV to those who did not attend the season ticket holders-only town meeting.

Post a Comment