Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pens Unveiling Third Wednesday

The Pittsburgh Penguins have officially announced they will be unveiling their new third jersey on Wednesday, November 5. That's a day earlier than we previously thought.

You can read about the event on their web site. It will take place at Dick’s Sporting Goods in The Mall at Robinson from 6 to 8 PM. It will be open to the public. So I encourage those of you that can make it to take pictures and send them in to share with everyone.



According to their statement, the new alternate sweater will be modeled after their Winter Classic jersey from last season. I understand it won't look exactly the same and there may be some piping involved, but this powder blue jersey is the basic design.



Along with this announcement, the Pens' have a link to a very informative page about the team's uniform history. Worth a read.

Thanks to Vincent for the tip.

On a related note, the Chicago Blackhawks have not yet said anything publicly about their anticipated third jersey. However, I would expect to see it show up without a lot of fanfare on Monday night when they face the Avalanche.

The Hawks along with the Red Wings recently unveiled their Winter Classic jerseys, which look spectacular if you ask me.

I'll keep on top of things and let you know whatever I find out.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately i cannot confirm this but i was watching a reputable sports station here in canada, The Score, and before showing highlights of a game, they like to show random bits from the game but not the game itself. Not too long ago they did a piece on the Chicago Blackhawks intermission events, which involved shoot-o-rama type deal. The contestant was a very attractive female, which garnered their attention, but what caught my eye was what she was wearing (don't get any ideas chris)She was wearing a BLACK Toews jersey, in the RBK edge cut, i don't know if she won it as a prize or what the deal is but I definitely saw a Black Chicago jersey in the RBK edge cut on my TV that night.

Michael said...

i think they shoulda had piping, similar to the sabers new updated jerseys

GoSabres21 said...

mykl...i think your the first person i have heard to actually request piping lol...unless you were being saracastic

sabres thirds are still the best...

Anonymous said...

no way are the sabres thirds the best. i'm not a pens fan but those jerseys were much sexier in the winter classic. Best thirds so far are the oilers.

Unknown said...

siick

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it :) I Awesome! I have read a lot on this topic, but you definitely give it a good vibe. This is a great post. Will be back to read more! Please come visit my site symptoms panic attack when you got time.

Unknown said...

have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Please visit my Please visit my blog when you have time Please visit my site cholesterol control when you got time.

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for information that can help me. Thank you. Please come visit my site State Of Michigan Business Listings when you got time.

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for information that can help me. Thank you. Please come visit my site Mississippi address directory when you got time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I have read a lot on this topic, but you definitely give it a good vibe. This is a great post. Will be back to read more! Please come visit my site Directory Colorado Springs City when you got time.

Anonymous said...

I found your site on google, great site, keep it up. Will return in the future. Submitted this post to Google News Reader. Please come visit my site Business Trade Guide of Indianapolis Indiana IN when you got time.

rr8004 said...

Love the new pictures you got there! Please come visit my site Free Business Listing of Greensboro when you got time.

rr8004 said...

Love the new pictures you got there! Please come visit my site Greensboro Directory Businesses when you got time.

rr8004 said...

I really liked your blog! You have some great content. Please come visit my site Tennessee TN Phone Directory when you got time.

Post a Comment