Thursday, July 10, 2008

My NY Times Shoutout!

Got a very cool mention today on Slap Shot the New York Times' hockey blog. I'm very proud. Who knew people were actually reading this drivel? But I certainly appreciate the attention.

Blog writer Stu Hackel writes:

Here’s something to help you enjoy: One of our thousands, er, hundreds, er, dozens, er, two or three regular readers, Ms. Conduct, has her own site and one of her other fave blogs is Icethetics where the proprietor, Chris, has been engaged in inventing imaginative re-designs of NHL uniforms.

Hockey fans have always been proud of the game’s jerseys (or sweaters, or shirts or whatever you wanna call them). They are the best in sports. Some are better than others, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with them all. So if you’ve got the time and inclination, these are worth checking out and checking back periodically to see the new ones.

In case you wanted to check out Ms. Conduct's blog, click here. It's a good read.

Anyway, pardon the vanity but sometimes its nice just to talk about something cool that's happened to me. Though it's not really just me. You guys are the reason I bother to do this in the first place — you keep coming back for more. With daily hit counts higher than I could've possibly imagined before I began doing this, I'm definitely proud.

Again, thanks for continuing to visit and submit the best fan-made hockey concept art on the web!

2 comments:

xyleph said...

Great job Chris (and all the artists)! Keep up the great work!

Mike Shaw said...

that's awesome! well done, chris and the artists (and critics).

Post a Comment