Monday, July 14, 2008

New Icethetics Features

Quick note about some new features I'm trying out.

As many of you have noticed that you can now post comments while on the same page as the post you're commenting on instead of going to a completely separate page. Figured it might be helpful. The "subscribe to comments" link doesn't exist anymore but my solution to that is at the bottom of the sidebar on the right side of the page.

You can choose to subscribe to all posts or all comments on all posts via RSS. Unfortunately you can't subscribe to a single post's comments as far as I know. If nothing else, it gives you a reason to keep coming back, right?

Also, I've added a star rating system. You can now rate individual posts from 1 to 5 stars. I don't know how you'd decide what to rate a post given the number of concepts I might include in one. I guess it's kind of like voting on which logo is better. Just go with your gut. You can even rate this post. I dare you!

My next step is determining a way to build a concept art gallery where you can rate the designs. I'm not sure where we'd go with that, but I think just having it would be a nice start. It would give everyone an idea of where the majority of visitors stand on the various works of art. If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any great sites that might be able to easily accomplish this, I'm all ears.

That's all for now. I'll be posting those new uniform concepts from Paul shortly.

7 comments:

Mike Phoenix said...

Why not just make another blog page with just concepts alone? and have them each in its own post no words and put the ratings on them?

Chris said...

That's a bit cumbersome plus at the moment with Blogger's feature there isn't a way to view all the ratings in one big list — something I'd really like. Basically, think YouTube but in still images.

GelatinousMutantCoconut said...

Wow, your really working hard on this new site. Kudos, your doing a great job.

I always look forward to checking out the days updates here.

Mike Phoenix said...

Maybe diviant art?

J.RUUTU37 said...

How did you add the star rating system? I'd like to add this feature to my blog. Thanks.

Jason said...

I like the easier comment-adding, but I miss the e-mail alerts about new comments.

Jerm Deeks said...

While I'm not sure I'll ever feel the need to rate a post (just seems weird), I think it's a great tool for an estimate on how many people read this thing. Before, it was just comments, and I mean, sure, these things can range up to 30 or so comments, a heck of a lot more than any blog I've done, but I mean, not thaaaaaat much. But 88 people rating this post alone, probably many on the joke that was included in it? That's just so much more impressive than I realized. Glad to see this isn't some small-time affair I like to consider myself sort of a part of.

Post a Comment